Sunday 27 January 2013

Movin' on

I'm getting bored with the Falklands stuff now although it's quite clear from my Blog stats that certain peeps in Argentina aren't.  In the last two weeks I've had more hits from there than any other country.  I guess people will always believe what they want to and that's their privilege.

Right, bearing in mind the name of this blog -  are we there yet?  Definitely not, there's still a long way to go.  In the short term Fi and I are off to Vienna for a few days to celebrate my twiddlyumpteenth birthday.  I wanted to give it a stiff ignoring in case it went away, but she insisted, something along the lines of  'if I had to get that old you can bloody well do to!'  -  harrumph.  Then a tad of skiing at my sisters house in deepest, darkest Austria.

After that, as I said in an earlier post, I'm getting involved in helping with a trans Atlantic sailing rally similar to the ARC that I did in 2011 but leaving a little later.  Not sure what my direct involvement will be as its all a bit of an experiment at the moment but has the potential to be great fun. 

BUT the urge to get waterborne hasn't gone away.  This time we are planning to go somewhere where the anchor won't drag, because we won't use one.  Where the boat will stay level all the time (and not a bloody catamaran) and it'll never get rough.  Where we can travel over two thousand miles and not lose sight of land and a pub will always be close by.  The only problem is that Fi will have to wear Laura Ashley frocks and wellies and I will have to grow a beard, wear a silly hat and smoke a pipe.  Plans are now well afoot and we will be looking at suitable vehicles once we are back from the land of Knerdles and Strudles.

I still intend to keep writing.  My books sales over Christmas have shot up which is nice but there is still a long way to go before I can get the Aston Martin and country house with hot and cold running French Maids that I've been hankering after.  My latest epic has just achieved the 60,00 words milestone which means I've broken the back of the plot - I'm really enjoying writing it now after a bit of a block and dying to find out what happens in the end. Oh and its it got nothing to do with the Navy or sailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment