Thursday 21 June 2018

Almost finished

We are now moored at the top the Hillmorton locks which are only an hour away from out new marina.  We will go in tomorrow morning and have a couple of days fettling.  First I need to replace all 4 engine mounts as the engine has been rattling for a while and I've traced it to knackered mounts.  Then I need to get the paint out and touch up all the travel 'scars'.  You can always tell a boat that hasn't been anywhere because it has pristine paintwork around the waterline - we haven't!!  So after two months we've done at least 300 locks, I've no idea of the mileage but we've traveled the:  Macclesfield, Trent and Mersey, Caldon, Coventry, Birmingham and Fazely, Tame, Wednesbury, Titford, Birmingham Main Line, Worcester and Birmingham, Stratford, Oxford, Grand Onion and Ashby Canals.
On Sunday the grandkids are coming down for the day and even more importantly they will be in our car which means that probably on Monday we will he heading home for a while.  Once home I have a novel to finish, I may not have put much down on paper but its all written in my head and of course I will have to see how much better my golf swing has got having had a few months off  (I wish).

One of the reasons for ditch crawling

No comments:

Post a Comment