Wednesday 20 March 2024

Fist world war aviation

The last year has been rather busy and my latest novel has taken considerable time to research and write. However, today I finished the story at last. In my first book about WW2, 'Better Lucky and Good' I had the main characters meet a naval commander who had flown with their parents in WW1 so I had a hook to continue the 'Hunt' dynasty back into those days. Most people write dynastic series of books going forward in time. I seem to have done it the wrong way around! After I got into my research I was fascinated by the things I discovered, the pioneering days of aviation were quite amazing and much of the original work was done by a few 'characters' in the Royal Naval Air Service. Just one example - how many people know that the concepts of the armoured car and the tank were developed by the navy not the army? You will have to read the book to find out why, which should be available in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment