Friday 3 November 2017

You wait for ages and then two come along in one week.

Books that is.  Monday was the deadline for getting the first draft of my non fiction book about the RN Wasp helicopter to my publisher.  As it had been ready for some time it was a simple matter to top and tail it and then email it off.  Right, I thought, now to finish off the latest Jon Hunt novel 'Conspiracy'.  On Tuesday I had at least 15,000 words to find.  This morning I finished it.  People often ask me how I do my writing.  Well its not in front of the computer.  Once I know what I want to write the mechanics are actually straight forward.  So, one very long dog walk and some serious thought and there I was ready to finish it off.  On Wednesday I broke the back of the plot.  Yesterday the epilogue and today the author's notes I always include at the end.
I've now downloadedit to my Kindle and have the fun job of proofing as well as twisting several other people's arms to do the same.  Should be ready by the end of the month.  The draft new cover is below with a subtle change from the previous one I posted some weeks back.


No comments:

Post a Comment