Friday 14 August 2015

Been busy

Not been blogging for a while as I've been concentrating on finishing my novel 'Sea Skimmer' as an audio book.  I narrated the final chapter yesterday.  The publishing company, Silverton Audio, hope to have it out by next week.  It will be interesting to see what sales are like.  There could be a good chance that I'll be sat in front of a microphone for some time to come if they are, as there are only another nine to go!! However, I was told the other day that I need a new hip and that will keep me immobile for quite a while so at least I'll have something to do - as well as writing my book about the Lynx helicopter and the new Jon Hunt novel as well.  Who said retirement was boring??




Talking of the Lynx - I was hosted by the Lynx Squadron (815) at Yeovilton the other day as they are keen to help me out with the book.  It was like going through a time warp.  I even recognised the Uckers board in the crewroom (Uckers = a navalised version of Ludo) and one of the guys still serving flew with me back in the eighties.  One plan is to launch the book at the same time as the aircraft is de-commissioned in a years time.  As I was one of the people who commissioned 815 back in 1981 it will be a full circle.


1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the hip. Hope the recovery is quick.

    ReplyDelete